What is graffiti?
Graffiti is where words or drawings are written, painted, sprayed or scratched on the surface of any property. Graffiti is illegal, spoils public and private property and can be very costly to remove.
The District Council recognises that graffiti has a negative impact on the environment, is illegal and is the most common type of property vandalism contributing to people's fear of crime.
Report it! - report an instance of graffiti using our online form.
Please contact us to report graffiti. You can help us by giving us as much information as possible including:
- The location of the graffiti
- A description of the graffiti (what it refers to)
- What was used e.g. spray paint, marker pen, paint
- What kind of surface has been vandalised (e.g. wooden fence, brick wall)
- Details of who was responsible for the graffiti, if known
We will then arrange to remove the graffiti.